Monday, September 24, 2012

The Equestrian Fall


As we have discussed...fall is upon us, soon. A trend I mentioned last week that I am anxiously awaiting to sport: equestrian. I have a slight, renewed, obsession with horses so it is only fitting that I would love the style around the sport. Refinery 29 got it right by saying it is one of those trends that allows us to be something we are not, and in my case think about horses (crazy). Refinery 29 has a slideshow of 15 looks that embrace the trend without the doo-doo on the boots, much more chic. I love them all but the prices are a bit steep on a few... so I've found some alternatives and included the reasonable items!

The inspiration

Key pieces for the look:

Horseshoe necklace $31 via Etsy

Ruffle Chambray Top $54.95 via Gap
Steve Madden Rogerr Riding Boots $160 via Piperlime
Horse earrings $52 via Far Fetch
Schoolboy blazer $178 via J Crew
Slip-lock waist belt $5.80 via Forever 21

I scored these at TJ Maxx for $100

Chunky cardigan $17.80 via Forever 21


Silver Horseshoe Ring $68  via Etsy




Oh sweet dear....no no no, this style does not stop with clothing. Check out these housewares and gorgeous furniture also inspired by the trend. 

Navajo Needlepoint Horse Armchair c/o The Gypsy Wagon


Horse Prints $2.99 via Etsy

Horse pillow $35 via Etsy
Framed Print $50 via Etsy
Horse Stationary $3.75 via Etsy

And the list goes on.. check out Dappled Grey for everything Equestrian. 

Are you excited to try on the equestrian look?  Don't you love horses?! I sure do...
-H