Monday, October 1, 2012

Music Monday: The Head and the Heart

I have a problem. I am pretty sure I have fallen in love with 6 people all at one time. And they all happen to be members of the same band: The Head and the Heart.

The Head and the Heart at First Ave was quite magical--this group really knows how to put on a show and get the crowd belting the tunes just as loud as they are (I like to pretend I sound as good as Charity, but let's be honest--no one can ever EVER sound as good as she does...)

H & I (plus our lovely friend Kim) got to the concert in enough time to see Blitzen Trapper sing some tunes, and I've got to say, I will definitely be adding them to my next Spotify playlist. Here's one of their tunes. I like their country/folk style--it reminds me a lot of Dr. Dog, who we saw not long ago in the same venue...


We found our way to the side of the stage, where we were not in direct view of the band, but right by the backstage and in a good spot to move around and boogie.

Each of us had our one song we were most excited about. But as the night went on, I realized that I was super excited about each and every one of their songs. Cats & Dogs? Rivers & Roads?! Sounds Like Hallelujah?!?! My excitement grew more and more as the night went on, and a lot of me wouldn't have minded buying another ticket for their second show at First Ave the next night. Wait--why DIDN'T I do that!?!?! If you have a chance, I'd definitely recommend seeing these guys live. It will undoubtedly be a heavenly time. And if you're reading this...Josiah Johnson, Charity Thielen, Jonathon Russell, Chris Zasche, Kenny Hensley, and Tyler Williams: will you guys be my boyfriends/girlfriend? K thanks bye.