Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's Coming: Fall TV

Not to start this one off on a sour note but... I am not as excited about Fall Television because my favorite show will not be back :( let's take a moment of silence....

Desperate Housewives
But putting aside my grievances... there are new shows premiering as always


NEW FALL TELEVISION


666 Park Avenue
666 Park Avenue

However, I was pleasantly surprised to see their name dropped in associated with a new ABC show: 
666 Park Avenue. TV Guide describes it, "Combine the eeriness of Lost with the ruthlessness of Desperate Housewives and you get this adaptation of Gabrielle Pierce's book series." Lets hope it doesn't disappoint! 

Premiere: Sunday, September 30th at 9pm

Dancing with the Stars: ALL STARS



Dancing with the Stars

I have not watched religiously for the last few seasons but I really do think this All Star season could get interesting. I will favorite: Apolo Ohno, Bristol Palin, Drew Lachey, Emmitt Smith, Joey Fatone, and Shawn Johnson. That's only about half of the contestants but how can a girl choose?! The battle of the boy band members should be quite interesting! 
Tune in!

Premiere: Monday, September 24th at 7pm


RETURNING FAVORITES

Modern Family



This one needs no explanation. 

Premiere Wednesday, September 26 at 8pm 

Happy Endings


The Happy Endings crew


This has to be one of the best kept secrets on television. Coming back for its third season in October, Happy Endings is a lighthearted sitcom about six friends living in Chicago. It is honestly so dang funny, and I don't know why I only know one other person (my sister) who watches it. If you're looking for a new show to get into, if you have time just for ONE show this fall, definitely go for this one. In the words of Penny...it's amaaaaahhzing. Watch the show and you'll get that.

Premiere Tuesday, October 23 at 8 pm

Law and Order: SVU

Stabler & Benson 4evaaaa

So, this is my absolute favorite show in the entire world. And yes, I may have seen every episode of all 13 seasons. Don't judge me. And although I'm Benson and Stabler all the way, the newcomers--Amaro and Rollins--have steadily grown on me. I may even have a little dance that I do during the theme song at the beginning of each episode. Now that's love. 

Premiere Wednesday, September 26 at 8 pm

30 Rock

It's won awards, y'all.


Tina Fey is one of the top two funniest people that exists on the planet. I'm sticking to that statement. 30 Rock is such a different type of comedy on television, and has such an array of hilarious actors.  Just give it one or two episodes. Do it for me, please. Blerg! 

Premiere Thursday, October 4 at 7 pm

Parks and Recreation

You know how I said Tina Fey is one of the two funniest people on the planet? Well, Amy Poehler is the other one. Parks & Rec is easily my favorite comedy on television right now. It is one of few TV shows that I can watch over and over again, and still find myself spewing my Diet Coke of my mouth, dying of laughter. Who would think a show about a parks department in small town Indiana would be entertaining? It so is. It is literally one of the best shows out there.


Also, Adam Scott is definitely my TV crush (speaking of Scott, check out Party Down sometime on Netflix...)

Do yourself a favor, and Treat. Yo. Self.




Premiere Thursday, September 20 at 8:30 pm


Which shows do you think we missed? Tell us what ones you're excited to see!